Illinois Association for Institutional Research
47th Annual Forum
Back to Basics
November 8-9, 2017
The 2017 IAIR Forum theme is “Back to Basics.” We have a two-pronged approach to this year’s forum. Besides the invaluable networking that occurs at events like this, one goal is to make this year’s forum valuable to newcomers to the field and are looking for people to present on things like the following:
- How to use pivot tables
- Best practices for using IPEDS data
- Enrollment forecasting in Excel
- Design your first survey (or how to write a good survey question)
- Creating dashboards with Access
- How to benchmark your institution against peers
- How to use student satisfaction data
- How to select the right visualization (i.e. which chart/graph to use when)
The second goal will help those who have been in IR for several years. We will be looking to veterans in the field to present on some of these topics, but understand that some might also be interested in refreshing or learning new skills to expand their repertoire. We also welcome current research-based presentations.
The cost to attend the forum is considerably lower than other professional development options.
- Early bird (before September 30): $195
- Regular registration (October 1 and after): $250
- Student (anytime): $60
- Refunds: Registrant initiated refunds for conference registration will be made, minus the $20 membership dues and a $15 handling fee ($35 total), if the request is received on or before September 30, 2017. Refunds after this date will be made at the discretion of the IAIR Steering Committee. Refund requests should be made by contacting conference program chair Debbie Kepple-Mamros via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.