Back to Basics
The 2017 IAIR Forum theme is “Back to Basics.” We have a two-pronged approach to this year’s forum. Besides the invaluable networking that occurs at events like this, one goal is to make this year’s forum valuable to newcomers to the field and are looking for people to present on things like the following:
- How to use pivot tables
- Best practices for using IPEDS data
- Enrollment forecasting in Excel
- Design your first survey (or how to write a good survey question)
- Creating dashboards with Access
- How to benchmark your institution against peers
- How to use student satisfaction data
- How to select the right visualization (i.e. which chart/graph to use when)
The second goal will help those who have been in IR for several years. We will be looking to veterans in the field to present on some of these topics, but understand that some might also be interested in refreshing or learning new skills to expand their repertoire. We also welcome current research-based presentations.
The cost to attend the forum is considerably lower than other professional development options.
- Early bird (before September 30): $195
- Regular registration (October 1 and after): $250
- Student (anytime): $60
- Refunds: Registrant initiated refunds for conference registration will be made, minus the $20 membership dues and a $15 handling fee ($35 total), if the request is received on or before September 30, 2017. Refunds after this date will be made at the discretion of the IAIR Steering Committee. Refund requests should be made by contacting conference program chair Debbie Kepple-Mamros via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor the Forum (vendors)
- Submit a Proposal
- Justify your need to attend the forum.
- Register for the IAIR Forum (Registration fee includes annual IAIR Membership Dues. Click here to pay Membership Dues only)
- Book a room
- Network with colleagues (suggested restaurants near the Forum location)
Links and Files
- Forum Best Presentation Award
- IAIR Committee Position Nominations
- IAIR Award Nominations
- Draft IAIR Bylaws
- IAIR Annual Report 2017-18
- The IAIR Annual Forum will be immediately followed at the same location by the Illinois Education Research Council (IERC) Symposium. IAIR attendees are welcome to register separately for that event.
ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION FOR INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
46th ANNUAL FORUM
An IR State of Mind
(*Rooms subject to change)
This year’s conference theme is: An IR State of Mind. So much of what we do involves interacting with various people at different levels within and outside our institutions requiring more skills than what we do at our desks. Having the right skill set can be daunting as it continuously challenges us as our institutions evolve, the demographics of our students change, and the economic/political forces place additional strain on our environment. An IR State of Mind is a unification of all of us that deal with these challenges in similar ways. Join us at the conference to share your triumphs and pitfalls in a safe place to so we can all improve our IR State of Mind!
We are proud to announce this year’s keynote speaker is Dr. Mark Million!
Dr. Mark David Milliron is an award-winning leader, author, speaker, and consultant, who works with universities, community colleges, K-12 schools, foundations, corporations, associations, and government agencies across the country and around the world. He is Co-Founder and Chief Learning Officer of Civitas Learning, a social-purpose corporation committed to using the best of data science and design thinking to help students learn well and finish strong on education pathways.
Click here to listen to a recent NPR Marketplace segment that featured Civitas Learning.
ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION FOR INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH
45th ANNUAL FORUM
IR Impact: How Institutional Research has positively impacted your institution.
6:00 pm - Welcome Reception
8:00 am - Breakfast
9:00 am - Forum Workshop
12:00 pm - Lunch and Keynote
1:45 pm - Breakout Sessions
2:45 pm - Breakout Sessions
3:30 pm - Break
4:00 pm - Breakout Sessions
6:30 pm - Dinner
7:30 am - Breakfast and Business Meeting
9:15 am - Breakout Sessions
10:30 am - Break
11:00 am - Breakout Sessions
Call for Proposals:
It's not too late to submit a proposal!
This year’s conference theme is: IR Impact: How Institutional Research has positively impacted your institution. We will be focused on addressing how the work being done in IR offices has impacted our institutions. Additionally, strategies for items such as creating a need or demand for data, overcoming third party concerns, and how to move beyond simply delivering numbers are intrinsically tied to IR office impacting their institutions.
The winner of the best presentation will receive a travel stipend and is invited to present at the 2016 AIR Forum in New Orleans!